Foot on the Door
FOOT ON THE DOOR HAS BEEN SET UP TO MEET YOUR NEEDS!
Take part in a business internship adapted to your schedule of athletes in a field that interests you!
This internship is for you if:
- You hesitate about choosing your next career;
- You fear that you will lack experience when you apply for a job;
- You have training, but you don’t know if you really like it.
What is Foot in the door ?
- A job shadow opportunity of 3 to 5 days
- A well selected mentor to fits your interests and field of study
- An opportunity to validate or invalidate your career choice
- Significant experience to add to your résumé
- A chance to start your professional network
- A program in continuity with the guidance counselor services offered by INS Québec and the Fondation de l’Athlète d’Excellence du Québec
- An integrated initiative in the national program Game PlanTM
To submit your application, contact the Athletes Services Advisor : email@example.com
More information on the process and the program:
Once your are registered for the program, Montréal Relève will put you in touch with your host organization.
- You will be paired with a mentor who will show you his professional reality in the job market.
- The job shadow schedule will be adapted to your sport schedule.
- You will have 6 months to complete your job shadowing. You’re in control of your schedule!
But you must also be ready to invest your time and respect the schedule once determined!
ABOUT Foot on the Door
In order to equip athletes wishing to prepare for their career transition, the Institut national du sport du Québec and Montréal Relève have set up Foot on the Door internship and mentorship program. This program offers business immersion courses lasting approximately 40 hours so that athletes can validate their choice of studies or career in the chosen activity sector.
Developed to meet a need for support in integrating athletes into the job market, Foot on the Door aims to support them during a period when they have an important decision to make in the pursuit of their professional and personal lives.
Foot on the Door aims for the participation of athletes active on the national and international scene, when it is time for them to take stock, perhaps turn the page and identify the rest of their professional life. In order to help athletes in their search for a career after sport, Foot on the Door supports the targeted athletes in the search for a first professional experience related to their interests and their field of study. This program is part of a commitment by INS Québec to support athletes and make them aware of tackling this reflection, which is too often postponed or started once the sports career is over.
About Montréal Relève
Montréal Relève is a non-profit organization that has been actively pursuing the city of Montreal’s socioeconomic development since its creation in 1995. More than 20,000 people have had the opportunity to explore the professional world and develop their network of contacts. Montréal Relève supports 2,500 people annually with career exploration opportunities. The organization was cofounded by the City of Montreal and the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal and is primarily financed by Stationnement de Montréal.