A big, sincere thanks for this wonderful day with Anouk. She is absolutely brilliant! Her energy and enthusiasm captured the students’ attention. Her message about dreams and perseverance was delivered with aplomb […]. I think this experience will stay with the students for a long time. And me, too.
WHAT IS “JOUEZ GAGNANT!”?
Aimed primarily at kids and teens, the main objective of “Jouez gagnant!” is to promote the benefits of sports and physical activity to young people. Athletes and coaches supported by the Équipe Québec program deliver their message across Québec in the form of free talks, at the invitation of…
- municipalities (day camps, leisure and sports services)
- sports organizations (clubs, regional associations, sports federations, events)
- community organizations
WHO ARE THE SPEAKERS?
All the speakers are “Excellence” level athletes from a range of disciplines, and may be active or retired.
Speakers are involved in the program on a volunteer basis with a view to passing their passion for sports on to young people. Having experience juggling intensive training with work or school, athletes are excellent role models for young people and can demonstrate the importance of setting goals and following your dreams.
HOW IS IT WORKS
- The audience should include a minimum of 50 people
- Audience members should be aged nine or above
- Requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event
- Talks are 45 to 60 minutes long and followed by a Q&A
- Costs incurred by speakers (including travel and accommodation) are assumed by the “Jouez gagnant!” program
- Following each talk, the host organization is invited to fill out an evaluation form to express their opinion of the event; filling out this form is a prerequisite should the organization wish to repeat the experience the following year