INS Québec Complex
With its cutting-edge design, facilities and equipment, and the access to professional, technical and technological resources it offers, the Institut national du sport du Québec complex at the Olympic Park truly provides an environment for optimal performance to enable high-performance athletes and coaches to compete on a level playing field with the world’s best.
As a permanent headquarters for ten resident sports (boccia, fencing, gymnastics, judo, swimming, synchronized swimming, diving, water polo and short-track speedskating) and a meeting place for numerous training groups, the INS Québec complex built within the Olympic Park Sports Centre has over 150,000 square feet of floor area, 92% of which is used to practise sport or for purposes directly related to serving the needs of high-performance athletes and coaches.
The Olympic Park is the perfect setting for INS Québec to take root and grow—already a powerful draw for many disciplines, such as short-track speedskating at Maurice-Richard Arena and aquatic sports at the Olympic Park Sports Centre, this site is also a powerful symbol: in 1976, the world was watching as great athletic feats were achieved here, which still resonate today. This is where the Canadian Olympic movement really took off.
- Total floor area: ≈150,000 sq.ft. on 5 levels
- Sports training areas: 48,124 sq.ft.
- Gymnasium: 8,100 sq.ft
- Weight room: 8,094 sq.ft.
- Sports medicine services: 6,779 sq.ft.
- Laboratories: 2,727 sq.ft
- Dressing rooms: 6,817 sq.ft.
- Offices and related services: 13,484 sq.ft.
- Plus pools for swimming, synchronized swimming and diving and some facilities at the Olympic Park Sports Centre