Concussion Interdisciplinary Clinic
The INS Québec Concussion Interdisciplinary Clinic offers a multidisciplinary and integrated approach with a high level of specialization.
INS Québec adheres to the strictest international standards for the assessment and treatment of concussion. Our experts are highly qualified in this area, both in terms of clinical practice and research.
During the various stages of recovery and when returning to action, our initial assessments and post-concussion follow-ups are carried out by an integrated support team made up of doctors, specialized physiotherapists, sports therapists, neuropsychologists, kinesiologists and a sports vision specialist.
The integration of the expertise of the INS Quebec Concussion Interdisciplinary Clinic will ensure in particular:
- Better communication system through collaborative discussion on the cases supported;
- The integration of uniform physiotherapeutic measures (cervical and vestibular assessment);
- Identification of a pivotal stakeholder, as required, as the lead professional responsible for following up with the athlete and support staff.
Briefly, the INS Quebec Concussion Interdisciplinary Clinic is:
A complete care of the athlete having suffered a concussion and / or the realization of a complete evaluation protocol of the basic level for the purposes of prevention and re-evaluation.
- Baseline assessment
- Multidisciplinary support
- High level of specialization of the professionals involved:
- Sports physicians (consultations covered by RAMQ)
- Physiotherapists (specialists in sports physiotherapy, manual orthopedic therapy, physiotherapy puncture under the dermis, vestibular rehabilitation)
- Kinesiologists in post-concussion rehabilitation
- Optometrists and neuro-optometry specialists
- Sports vision specialists
- Conferences and research
SPORTS MEDICINE CLINIC | Appointments and Opening hours
during the summer period
(June 1, 2020, to August 28, 2020)
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: closed