Regional Multi-sport Training Centers
The eight regional multi-sport training centers are an integral part of the network of the Institut national du sport du Québec.
Their missions is to mobilize regional partners in the creation of environments conducive to the development of sports stakeholders to become a leader in the development of sport in the region.
These centers serve athletes from several sports disciplines in their Ministère de l’Éducation (MÉQ) administrative region, representing the next generation of athletes who aspire to wear Canada’s bib at major international competitions.
Athletes who benefits are identified by the federations and by the as being «Excellence», «Élite», «Relève» and since 2018 «Espoir» enrolled in a sport-study programs and members of the Québec Games teams.
Their responsibilities count among other things include:
- Offer first-line medico-sports and scientific
- Provide support for coaches and sports stakeholders to foster the achievement of optimal performances on the provincial and national scene in a path to the international scene
- Advocate the overall development and long-term development of athletes
- Identify competent professional resources for athletes
Regional Multi-sport Training Centres
Regional representatives are organizations that have been identified for the coordination of scientific and sports medicine services in regions where there is no regional multi-sport training center (RMTC). These representatives are integrated into the INS Québec network.
The regional representatives serve identified Elite and Relève athletes in several sports in their administrative region.
The regional representatives also identify the professional resources that meet the recognition criteria established by the Quebec network in the various fields of expertise.
The regions that do not have a RMTC are :
- North Shore
Athletes who can receive the services from a regional representative are identified by the sports federations and by the Ministère de l’Éducation. They are athletes identified at the Elite and Relève levels as well as at the Espoir level participating in a sport-study program and members of the Quebec Games delegations.
Among the responsibilities of the regional partners:
- Provide front line scientific and sports medicine services for athletes.
- Offer support for coaches and stakeholders in the sport community in order to promote the integration of sport science and sport medicine services for optimal performance on the provincial scene.
- Identify competent professional resources for athletes.
MEQ - Programme de soutien aux CREM et aux CEU 2020-2023 (in French)
The Programme de soutien aux Centres régionaux d’entraînement multisport et aux Centres d’entraînement unisports aims to offer more scientific and sports medical services to athletes identified as “Elite” or “Relève”. The program also aims to promote priority access to specialized facilities that meet international standards for athletes identified as “Excellence”.